Wednesday 27 June 2007

Last Day as a Temp



So check out this woman I found on the corporate directory of the company I'm working at, she totally looks like Andew Lloyd Webber which begs the question that if you were a woman who looked just like Andrew Lloyd Webber, wouldn't you make sure you don't also have the exact same hairstyle?

I wrote down her mobile number and might crank call her later, sing Phantom of the Opera numbers and hang up.

Its my last day at the pharmacutical firm where I have become buddies with Ricki who shares the reception desk with me. Yes of course he's gay. Today we went to a pub lunch in Maidenhead in his convertable mini, it was almost fun. We had deep chats over sandwiches. He said goodbye to me just now a touch verklempt, he wants to know how things develop with the adonis.

So speaking of which, I've booked my one way Toulon bound ticket for next Tuesday July 3rd (happy birthday Anna Lawton) and am starting to plan outfits and rehearse breezy international woman of mystery aloofness. The night vision goggles have arrived so I can crouch in the bushes outside the restaurant where the adonis works and watch him until dawn (which is strange because he only works until 11pm).

Ryan Air (ghetto air) that I am flying only allow 15 kilos of luggage which translates into 3 books and a shoe. I am not known to travel light so this may be a problem, luckily most of the clothing I am bringing is made of string and mesh.

My mother has gone to Greece for a wedding and is staying for 10 days at a friend's beautiful house complete with pool and Eastern European servants. This means I have her place to myself, so I can just let loose and watch TV and go to bed. Punk rock.

Time for me to sign off. 6pm and I have receptionist duties to perform, like switching off the coffee machine and locking up the closets. Killer.

This morning as I walked to work I saw a duck waddling up the stairs of a Thai Restaurant, "don't do it!" I screamed. It was a total real life Far Side moment and I had no one to witness it.

Ok, time to lock closets using keys.

your fan,

a.

1 comment:

The Paranoid Mod said...

There's always a seagull standing on the same car in my street when I walk home from work, we exchange wary glances and I just know it's plotting some kind of evil deed. They'll take over the world any day now.

Perhaps the duck was just pimping some of it's relatives. The white meat slave trade...