Wednesday 5 September 2007

Opa!



That's right. I'm off to Greece tonight.My dad is super excited as I don't get to see him on his turf all that often. I'll be there for 2 weeks, which means two weeks of hearing about how everything Greek is amazing, how I musn't forget that I am a Greek (like the fact that I can braid my leg hair isn't enough of a reminder) etc etc. But I'm totally looking forward to it. And I still have those meds..that aren't freaking me out as much anymore and the itching has mellowed too.

Oh happy coincidence, my friend Thanos who I know from university will be visiting his mom in Athens while I'm there. Here he is looking very inch the professor he is.
The last time I was in Athens, I bumped into Thanos walking down the street. He was visiting his mom then too. Turns out his mom is my dad's neighbor. This is totally uninteresting except for him and me. Anyway, Thanos and his excellent girlfriend Eleni (big fan of 80's montage too) will be in town most of my two weeks and I've been invited to his cousin's wedding on Sunday. Apparently Italian Vogue will be there. I'll be the one in the pasties looking bored.

My tan has faded to a pale walnut so glad I can top it off. Must get one of them 3 way mirrors.

News from the volleyball playing new man. He has hurt his ankle, so training has been reduced to doing crunches in the corner while the rest of the team get to run and jump.
"I haven't been able to touch a ball in over a week" he lamented while I wondered how to say "you said ball" in French. 19 days and counting until we are reunited in Verona. Hopefully his ankle will be healed so we can do that slow mo run in the airport.

Half an hour until the cab picks me up for the airport. I'm temping at reception in Maidenhead again. Its deathly quiet, everyone has gone home..and soon I will too.

I'm comin' papa!

No comments: