Monday 3 September 2007

Mellow Anxiety



I threw my back out. Carrying my suitcase through the tube and train stations of London on my way back from France. When I say suitcase I mean a large ghetto duffel bag that I throw over my shoulder without bending my knees or nuttin, cuz I'm a crazy fucking bitch.

My back starting hurting badly and that scares me considering the last time I had a back ache I temporarily lost the use of my legs. So I got a prescription for some muscle relaxers and painkillers and those who know me well will know how happy this makes me. My friend Gisela thinks prescription pills are tacky but I disagree, I think crack is tacky.

American doctors give percoset and vicodin so I was curious as to what my British counterpart would subscribe. Fearing "lots of fresh air and a stiff upper lip" I walked into the Dr's office with an exagerated limp and permanent pained expression. It worked, I limped out with a prescription for two types of meds, one with codeine and the other with good times.

But unlike vic and perc, these drugs are making me a little anxious while simultaneously chilling me out. Its a weird combo. So I'm mellow yellow but on edge and jumpy. But then get this, the other night I'm curled up on my mom's sofa watching the movie The Queen. Its super great by the way. So I'm sitting there watching and scratching - my scalp, eyelids, thighs and hands until it hits me that I have junkie itch. Like Jamie Foxx when he played Ray Charles in the hit movie Ray for which he won the oscar. Anyway, not cute.

My back feels better so I can decrease the meds but obviously I'll keep taking them until they are all gone.

your fan,

a.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, your very own Dr.Aziz :-)

JC

Anonymous said...

My brother Benjy just phoned from Marrakech and among other things gave me your blogspot. Qu'est-ce que t'est belle! Let us know when you're next in Paris, will ya? MC (I know, that would sound very shallow were it not that you have been invited to call us even before I knew how gorgeous you are, ok??)