Monday 2 July 2007

The 80's Asshole















So I was hanging out with my friend Raph yesterday and we got talking about Blond 80's Asshole, aka William Zabka - who was notabely the asshole from Cobra Cai but was also an asshole in Back to School staring Rodney Dangerfield and some dude no one has ever heard of since and remember Just one of the Guys? In that classic, his asshole speciality is lifting the lunch tables so that all the trays of food fall on the geeks sitting at the end of the bench. Take it, geeks.

check out the "Manpix" on the left, is it me or does he look a little too much like Princess Diana? (despite the cock buldge.) Anyway, I casually mentioned to Raph that I had a crush on Blond Asshole at some point in my adolescance and he freaked out kind of like when Peter freaks out at Jennifer Aniston in Office Space when he thinks she slept with his boss Lumberg. I admitted that the bigger crush was on Ralph Matchio (still to this day) and this calmed him.

Karate Kid is still in my top 10 favorite movies, it combines all of my favorite things...martial arts, montage, a championship of some kind, training, 80's music and of course Blond Asshole. Now movie assholes are all terrorists. Snore! I say bring back the 80's asshole, he needs to work again.

your fan,
a.

1 comment:

The Paranoid Mod said...

I'm a big fan of the 90s eastern european psycho asshole, as played by various Brits in the Die Hard films. Just obscure enough for the American audience to go, "Who? Oh, people from a country we've never heard of".

And blowing up buses and subways does rather trump covering geeks in food. In my book.