Saturday 28 April 2007

I wish I looked like my mom...


Can you say Bond Girl? The botton one is my mom in the 60's (the one where she doesn't have silver hair and looks older). She was about my age...oh alright, she was younger than me right now. Ridiculous.

And she doesn't have an underbite (the "different kind of pretty" as my friend Kristina calls it) its just the straw action messing with her jaw line. Her perfect jaw line.

The "after" picture was taken last October, dancing with her cousin at his daughter's wedding.

And she's Egyptian, can you stand it?

When she was younger she totally looked like French 60's icon Francoise Hardy and used to get mistaken for her all the time and I think even signed some autographs but thank god never took it far enough to sing publicly cuz her vocal ability is so, shall we say so "poor," I would rather listen to Celine Dion cover ACDC songs for a month.


So I'm like a watered down ugly version but sometimes I look like her for like 2 seconds from certain angles. In a dark room. I'll post a picture of me soon enough then you can be the judge. Everyone says my older sister looks like her but she totally doesn't. I do! For like 2 seconds. In a dark room.

So now my mom is a lot older but she still looks better than me. Its amazing, the woman ages perfectly though I don't mind sharing that she sleeps with a little roller at the top of her head and sometimes when I spend the night at her house (in Maidenhead) I like to tap her on it when I kiss her goodnight. It makes her laugh. She says the roller gives her hair "movement" since its short and that makes me think of bowel movements.

I'm your greatest fan,

a.

No comments: