Thursday 30 August 2007

Best of the British

The Sunday TV Times described the movie Forrest Gump as "an idiot has adventures."

Its good to be back in England.

I've also discovered Titty Bangbang, sketch comedy perfromed by two very talanted women. Here's one of them doing possibly the best Tom Cruise rip ever.



Impressive. Youtube everything they've done, you won't be disappointed.

Last night I watched "The Devil's Own" starring Harrison Ford, Brad Pitt and Brad Pitt's Irish accent. So Brad's IRA living in hiding at Harrison's house in the Jerse. Harrison's one of them American Irish with red headed children, catholisism and surprising access to Irish folk bands whenever he has a house party. The whole movie was so ridiculously EYERISH with continuous pan pipe jig music, I'm surprised the director didn't take it one step further and go for the green tinted camera screen.

For added hilarity I watched the movie with me ma who didn't understand anything Irish Pitt was saying and so obliterated "plot development" with "I don't understand one word that boy says" type commentary. A fair point, he just sounds like he's saying the word "shush" as a question over and over.

This morning over breakfast she said:

"you know what I like about that cute kid?" (she is randomly talking about Pitt - I know this without asking because I know her brain).

"What do you like about him, ma?"

"That he has scars on his cheek and they left them."

your fan,

a.

No comments: